Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping in our tent

Greetings and thank you for viewing my blog. I grew up in upstate New York with 5 brothers and no sisters. Every summer we would go on camping trips to the Adirondack mountains.  The picture on the left is the Adirondacks.   It was always so much fun to just get out of the norm and explore new areas.



When I became an adult I didn't have much time to pursue my love of camping. Now that I am older my spouse and I like to camp in our large tent at least once a year. Just recently we went to Washington state to visit our daughter , son in law and 2 grandsons. We thought that the end of May would be ideal camping weather for us; did I mention that we live in Arizona? To us nice camping weather is mid 70's to low 80's. When we arrived in Washington it was in the 60's during the day and some nights it dipped into freezing temps. The sky was mostly cloudy and it was too wet to camp.  It didn't look anything like this.



Our daughter then told us that to Washington residents the weather was considered nice. We ended up canceling our prepaid camp site and sleeping in the living room at our daughters apartment.



I have determined that the next time we go to Washington state to camp it will be some time in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment